As a centre for planning, implementation and resource and driving all extra curricular activities and initiatives in primary and secondary schools and colleges through out the country, in the aspects of;
1. planning, coordinating, supervising, advising, consulting, guiding/training and assess extra co curricular activities.
2. conducting training projects, courses, seminars and workshops in developing co curricular activities.
3. planning and coordinating budgets and facilities for the implementation of co curricular activities.
4. advising, conducting and coordinating activities for schools and colleges, and helping them conducting/coordinating their own activities.
5. organizing, coordinating and executing activities in the national and international levels, especially when Negara Brunei Darussalam becomes host country.
6. coordinating and facilitating activities between schools and outside agencies.
7. cooperating with other ministries in national and international celebration, which involves schools and colleges.
8. cooperating with other ministries in activities related to uniformed groups (Army Cadets, Police Cadets, Scouts, Girl Guides, Red Crescent, Fire and Rescue Cadets).
9. liaising, coordinating, advising and facilitating for schools and colleges in their involvements relevant authorities (national and international evens and competition).
10. advising, assessing and appreciating teachers’ and students’, individual, group and overall-schools/colleges contribution and achievements.
11. implementating and executing orders given by the Ministry of Education ; coordinating visits, cultural performances in seminar, symposium, meeting in international levels, especially when Negara Brunei Darussalam becomes host country.